Sunday, September 12, 2010

George and Angela's

Our friends George and Angela had their first baby back in July. We had never gone to their neck of the woods for a visit, so we got together with Warren and Mary Catherine and made a short trip out there. Aidan enjoyed the ride and was excited because he got to play at Chick Fil A. Somehow I have been able to avoid this up until this day. I don't think it was really intentional but I just never encouraged it. Like most things, he was hesitant at first, but then was right there with the rest having a good time! We took lots of toys with us, so when we got to George and Angela's he had plenty to keep him occupied. Abby is an adorable baby, and was so tiny! In all seriousness, I don't think Aidan was ever that small! :) Aidan did not seem to mind me holding her at all. That was a relief to me because I did not want him to get jealous or feel left out!

Their new house was beautiful, and very welcoming. One thing I always love! We had a late lunch/early supper while we there, and I was able to try Lexington style BBQ for the first time. It was excellent, but I just don't view it the same as our version! It is like eating two entirely different things! I can enjoy both, but if asked what real BBQ is.........our Eastern version wins hands down! :) Finished that meal off with homemade strawberry ice cream! Delicious!!!!! After visiting with them we drove back up and stayed in Concord so we could do some shopping. Aidan loved "riding" in all the boats and on the ATVs at Bass Pro. Of course, he came away with yet another stuffed animal who has become one of his "guys." He is a cute little wolf that howls, and as is our tradition, he is just called "Wolfie". We are so glad we were able to make it down there to spend some time with them, and hope to go back for another visit soon.

Aidan checking out the baby toys

Hiding in the gift bag like he always does! My silly boy!!!

No comments: