Monday, May 17, 2010

Outer Banks May 2010

Every year we try to go to the Outer Banks in May and October. We weren't sure if we would be able to make it this year because of Andy's surgery, but we tried it and all was fine. Leigh Anne and Laura usually go with us in May, and we all had a great time. The beach wasn't crowded at all on Friday, but more people came down for Saturday. The weather was great, and we were able to do a lot.

We spent a good bit of time on the beach, drove down to see the Rodanthe house after being moved and renovated, ate some good food, shopped at the outlet mall, and drove down to see Cape Hatteras. Bodie is being renovated, so we didn't get to see it. Aidan liked running around like a wild man at the Outlet mall, and visiting Sir Stanley (one of the many horse statues).

Aidan and Wann heading to the water.

Playing in the sand

<>House from Nights in Rodanthe
Manteo waterfront





Sir Stanley at the Outlets

No Mama, I do not have two hands full of rocks that I am about the throw!!! Yeah right!
Intrigued by Sponge Bob. Why is it that every time we go out of town the only cartoon on is Sponge Bob? It is a special treat for Aidan!
I wanted to take Aidan's pic and he gave me an ugly face. I showed him how bad it looked, and he decided he better smile for the camera.
At the lighthouse (which Aidan LOVES!!!!)


Most of the time Aidan does not know how to walk. He has to hop, skip or jump around!!! Doesn't matter where we are, he is always so full of life!!





I am so ready to go back!!!!

No comments: