Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Normally on Mother's Day we go to Lake Benson with lots of family and cook out. This year since Andy was recovering from his back surgery, we figured it best to just hang out at home. We did go to Lonestar for lunch which was really good, and spent the afternoon being lazy. On Saturday I made a "Mother's Day" cake because I knew Aidan would be excited. We don't usually have cake at home! I found some cute sea life candy to go on top, and I knew that would excite him as well! I didn't let Aidan see the cake until I was finished, and he did think it was pretty cool. He, of course, wanted some immediately but I told him he had to wait until after supper. A good while later I heard him calling from the kitchen "I got one Mama, I got one!" He was so excited and proud. I walked into the kitchen and found:






He was just too cute to get upset with him!


We had a wonderful weekend, and Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sweet little boy! I want some chocolate cake now!!!!!

I looks delicious!

Love keeping up with him this way!

Know you are so busy at work and at home!
So glad Andy is doing so well!
Later! Tammy

Unknown said...

Sorry, I didn't "preview" the post!

I don't look delicious, the CAKE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!