Monday, January 18, 2010
My Birthday
I had an "interesting" birthday last week. Unfortunately, Mama woke up sick that day and could not look after Aidan. That meant I had to keep Aidan at home, and got to spend the whole day with him! I am sorry Mama was sick, but I was happy to be with Aidan! When Andy got off work we went to eat Mexican (Aidan calls this "chips and sauce"!), and then had cake and presents at home. I had been having some "behavior" related problems with Aidan a few months back, and thought I needed the "Strong Willed Child" book by James Dobson. I listen to him on the radio and absolutely love him! So far, I have only read about 30 pages, and it is quite clear that I do not have a strong willed child in the sense that this book was written!!!! I have the sweetest most passive little child ever born! We have really worked with Aidan on discipline, manners, etc for the last several months, and it has really worked. We are very thankful Aidan has the personality he has! I will continue to read the book, because we could hit a bump in the road at anytime!!! :) The funny thing about all of this is Aidan opened the book on my birthday, and seemed to be really attached to it. He was "reading" it and carried it around with him like it was his book! Too cute! We did my birthday at mama's on Friday night, and Aidan enjoyed opening presents, and having cake again. It was really cute when everyone was singing Happy Birthday because he thought it was for him!!!! He just had the most proud look on his face! Every day spent with Aidan is very special!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment