Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we always go to Mama's to eat and open gifts. This year we spent the day cooking, and getting ready for Santa. It was so nice being able to spend time with Aidan. We made reindeer cookies for Santa, and reindeer food for his reindeer. We bought the ready to bake cookies because Aidan loves the pictures on them so much. We have never had any problems making them before, but this time he decided he wanted to eat them raw! Of course, I have mixed feelings. First, I can't blame him because it is good, but second, I don't want him getting sick from raw cookie dough!!! He would try to sneak some anytime he thought we were not paying attention. He would pinch them when he put them on the pan just so he would have some on his fingers to lick off! Finally got them in the oven and ready for Santa. When we put them on the plate, he couldn't resist taking a bite out of one. I don't think Santa would mind! :) For the reindeer food, we just mixed up odds and ends that we had around the house. Oatmeal, cereal, pretzels, and at the end Aidan decided they needed goldfish too! He mixed it all up and put it in an oatmeal box, and then before leaving for mama's he spread it out in the yard so the reindeer could find our house.
We went to mama's and ate supper, and then waited for Laura and Eddie to get off work. They had the closing shift at Kohl's on Christmas Eve. Not something I would want to do!!! I imagine that is when all the "crazies" come out! :) No offense to anyone who may have been doing last minute shopping on Christmas Eve! When they got there we got to open gifts. Aidan was so sweet. He was completely happy passing the gifts out to everyone else. He finally got one from under the tree and found tater head parts inside! He loves Mr. Potato Head! The funniest, and yet the potentially most stressful, moment came when he opened one of his gifts from Nana and PopPop. It was a Thomas from the talking railway series. He was excited until he saw it was Thomas and not Percy. Percy is his favorite, and he just keep saying "Percy, Percy" over and over and started looking for him. He just knew there had to be a Percy. The bad thing was there was a Percy, but it was from Me and Andy so it was at home for the next morning. Fortunately, something else finally got his attention, and melt down was avoided! He had a good time, and handled giving and receiving gifts very well!
Of course, he was up past his normal bedtime so he was pretty tired when he finally went to bed. Andy and I were only up til 11 getting ready for Santa (which is quite late for me, but it could have been worse!). I could hold my eyes open no longer, so it is a good thing we finished when we did!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Christmas Eve 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Guys!

I have never posted a comment before but I just had to....(see below at the Natavity photos).

I have never thought about leaving some food for Rudolph....what a great idea....I leave out cookies and milk for Santa but not reindeer food! Good job Aidan, Mommie and Andy!!!

Happy New Year! Love, Tammy R.