Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beautiful Weather/Misc Pics

The weather over the past several days has been wonderful! Temps in the 70s and sunny! It feels like we haven't seen the sun in months. We brought our Christmas tree home in the rain Thanksgiving weekend, and it seems like it has rained ever since. Given the problems we had 2 years ago, I should not be complaining about rain, but I love seeing the sun!

Aidan was able to spend quite a bit of time outside over the weekend, and he loved it! He was wide open and wanted to explore everything. He really liked picking the dandelions and feeding the dogs leaves! Unfortunately, I did not have the camera outside when the dogs were out, so I didn't get any pics of them with Aidan. Here he is with Rick Rick and playing in the back of Dada's truck.




I love this look, "Are you really telling me that I am not supposed to put my arm down this hole? Who do you think you are?"

"Well, I am going to do it anyway!"

When I'm done, I'm done! "Up, Up!"

This of course is the "I am not going to try to eat these rocks mommy. I promise" look!

These next pictures are just some random ones we have taken over the last couple of weeks. This one is terrible, but hilarious so it deserves to be posted! Last week we were getting ready for bath time and it was taking me longer to get ready than Aidan, so Leigh Anne wrapped him up in a blanket. In a very creative way! It started out like a toga, but his "strap" fell down, so now it just looks like he is wearing a dress! What do you think about the zoo print?!?!?! Can't find those everyday!

I was a bad mommy a couple of weeks ago and left a couple of Aidan's "necessities" (puppy and glowworm) in the car when I dropped him off at Mamas. We had been planning to buy another glowworm to have as a back up anyway, so Mama went to Walmart and got him another one. He thinks it is weird but pretty cool to have two! (Unfortunately, they do not make puppy anymore. We guard him with our lives!)


This is Aidan just being Aidan:


Here is he with his "briefcase" ready to go to work! He loves his tool sets!

Crazy boy with a drill!!!
Safety goggles are a must!


These next ones were very funny when it was happening. We have Dada standing upstairs throwing Aidan's stuffed animals downstairs and Aidan standing downstairs wondering what's going on! Then he looks up!
Here goes "Little Drake!"
Aidan saying "I want to go up there too!"
"You dropped something Dada!"


Aidan and I are actually getting to spend a good bit of time together right now. Mama had surgery last week, so on the days that I don't have someone to look after Aidan I am staying home. Today is a stay at home day!!!!! Aidan is still asleep, (this is great!) but when he wakes up I know we will have another wonderful day together! Walmart here we come! :)

Speaking of sleep, I have been meaning to post this, but was afraid I would jinx myself. Several weeks ago we let Aidan cry it out. We didn't want to do it, but it had gotten to the point that he was up constantly during the night wanting us to come in his room. It was like having a newborn again! He cried for 27 minutes. As bad as it sounds, his tears were quite obviously fake, so it wasn't as difficult as it could have been. So after one night, he now sleeps through the night every single night! It is the strangest thing. We do hear glowworm come on once in a while in the middle of the night, but that is what Aidan uses to help himself go back to sleep! The bad part is that I have gotten so accustomed to not getting a full night's sleep, now I can't sleep through the night!!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Jennifer!!! Why did you not call me today to tell me you were at home. We could have played outside all day. When will you be home again? You and Aidan need to come over or we can come visit you. Also, I can watch Aidan any day you need me to. Seriously, it would not be a problem. Emily would love to have a playmate. I might have to get up a little earlier, but not a problem.

And we had to let Emily cry it out too recently. She was waking up every night last week SCREAMING for a story. Finally I let her cry it out this weekend - 1hr and 30 mins. No lie!