














Wednesday was our lazy day and we just hung out. We went to McDonald's for breakfast because we had an errand to run, and Aidan did not wake up in time to eat before leaving. Worked out for him!!! He was excited. I never knew how many retired people ate breakfast at McDonald's on weekday mornings, especially at 9:00!!!!! I thought they were early birds! :) Aidan was the youngest person there and I was next!
Thursday was school picture day and the day we went to the fair. We had planned to keep Aidan out of school, but since they were doing pics we wanted to make sure he was there. I hate to say this, but the pics turned out AWFUL and we will never buy another picture we can't see before ordering!!!! Never, never, never! Anyway, we picked Aidan up around 10:30 and got to the fair around 11. It wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it might be since it was canned food day. We took the stroller which was a very good thing! When Aidan got tired, he was able to ride and get some rest. We started with lunch and quickly moved to the rides. Aidan loves to ride any and every thing! Interesting since neither Andy nor I are "ride people"! We weren't there too long before Aidan fell asleep so we were able to look at some of the exhibits that Aidan wasn't interested in. When he woke up it was time for more rides. :) We did this until around 4 and by this time we were all pretty tired. Of course we got in rush hour traffic going home so it took a little longer than normal but that was okay. We were trying to relax and take our time with everything! Picked up pizza for supper and just hung out for the rest of the night. Don't get many lazy nights, so it was great!


















The next morning (Friday) we got up and headed to Andy's mom and dad's house. Aidan was excited and stayed awake and happy the whole 4 hour drive. There was a new calf so we took Aidan down to the barn to check him out. I am not a fan of getting close to big cows especially if there is a bull around. I can see them coming after me now! Aidan and I kept our distance! This calf is brown and white which is interesting because Andy's dad has always just had black and black and white cows. His dad's theory is that one of Santa's reindeer is the father.... :) Timing apparently was right! We pretty much just did our normal thing while there. Went to Boone with everyone else in the state! It was so crowded we couldn't even find a place to park downtown. We took Aidan to another candy store and loaded up. That is definitely the business to be in. There was a fall festival at Andy's old school, so we took Aidan for some games. He had a good time and got a few prizes. I think he "won" at every game he played! He loves things like that, and we enjoy sharing those times with him! Sunday we headed back home but knew it would only be about a month before we made it back up. Funny, I have been so busy and unable to post, it is now the week of Thanksgiving and we will be heading back up on Thursday!







No comments:
Post a Comment