Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Fishing Pole

Several weeks ago we went down to the Neuse Sport Shop so Andy and Rick could get some fishing stuff, and to eat at Wilbur's. Aidan loves to go because he gets to look at the fish and crickets. They also have eels, and he wanted to see them, but there was no way I was getting anywhere near that box. Andy took him over there, and they didn't even have any! (Thank goodness!) I do not want him growing fond of any snake like creatures!!!
We had been talking about getting Aidan a fishing pole, and we were planning to take him fishing when we were in the mountains over Easter. They had a pretty good selection, so he picked out a spiderman one that lit up (anything that lights up is cool to Aidan). He was quite excited when he got to play with it the next day. The fishing trip over Easter didn't work out, but we will try again next time (more on that later).
After shopping we went to Wilbur's so Aidan could get hushpuppies. He LOVES hushpuppies, and sometimes even gets upset because McDonald's doesn't sell them!!! :) Growing up we always went to Wilbur's on the way to the beach, and it was always so good. Over the last several years it has really been hit and miss, and this night was definitely a miss. If it were my first time going, I would not go back. It is so disappointing! That is the only place I know of that cooks barbecue over wood, and it actually tastes like it was cooked over wood. I guess the "need" to eat there is genetic, so I haven't written it off yet. Better luck next time! Aidan was happy with the hushpuppies and ate almost a whole chicken breast by himself. That is very good for him!!! We had a good time, and that is all that matters!

No comments: