Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving weekend in the mountains with Andy's parents. It was very cold and windy, and it snowed really pretty on Thanksgiving Day. It didn't last long enough to stick, but I am not complaining!!!!

Andy and I have so much to be thankful for, and we know we are so blessed to be who we are and have such a wonderful family. We are thankful for everyday we get to spend with each other and with Aidan. Aidan has been the absolute greatest blessing! He brings so much joy to our lives, and we love him sooo much!

Unfortunately, we did not take many pics on Thanksgiving day because that is the day we drove up, and we were all feeling under the weather with head colds. The pics we did get were not great, but at least we got some!

The next day we went to get our Christmas tree. Again, it was very cold and windy which made it a little uncomfortable to be out looking for a Christmas tree, but we had a good time. We have found a place we love, so we go there every year. It was neat that Aidan could actually walk around and look at the trees. It took a while to find one this year, but we did finally find the "perfect" tree! Aidan and I went to the car after we picked them out (and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas :)), and Andy found the guys to cut them down and load them up. Today was Andy's birthday but we didn't really do anything since we weren't feeling 100%.

We went to Boone on Saturday, and I honestly don't even remember what we did. Not much of anything. That night we went back and ate at Ruby Tuesday's with Andy's mom and dad for Andy's birthday and their anniversary (57 years maybe??).

The next morning it was back home to put the tree up and finish decorating. I love this time of year, but it always seems like it goes too fast or that I get started way too early.

Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Thanksgiving Day 2009
Create your own greeting - Powered by SmileboxMake a Smilebox greeting




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Thanksgiving Part II
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: