Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009

A few weeks ago we went to Atlantic Beach for a week. It was much needed and enjoyed! Being able to spend 9 days with Andy and Aidan was great! Our lives have been so busy the last couple of months, it was nice to get away. Last year we rented a condo and it was nice being right on the beach and having the pool, but the condo itself seemed really crowded even with just the three of us. This year we got a house and were still able to walk to the beach in just a few minutes, and it was so nice to have plenty of space. Think we will definitely stick with that route in the future as well!

Aidan didn't seem to mind the sand quite as bad as he did when we went to the Outer Banks in May, so that was a relief! He was able to play in the ocean a couple of times with his new float toy. He liked it, but wasn't quite sure why the water was moving and splashing in his face constantly though!

We went to the aquarium early in the week when the weather was still a little messy, and it went much better than last time. No melt downs, or fussy spells. :)

We went to Shackleford Banks again, and got to see the horses this time. They were right at the ferry landing and were very used to having people come up to them. We didn't touch them, but probably could have. We were able to get some great pics. I must say that those horses are probably the most beautiful animals I have ever seen. They are incredible animals and it is amazing how they weather all types of storms (hurricanes included) all alone on that island! I tried to find info on the web about their history, but couldn't find anything good enough to include in the post. I think I "bonded" with one of them. They were all quiet but when I went to leave, the one I was closest to and had been watching for a good bit starting "naying". I say she was telling me not to leave, but it was more than likely her saying "It is about time you left me alone!!" In some of the pics, it almost looks like she is smiling! We stayed on the island for about 3 hours letting Aidan play in the sand and feed the seagulls. I found my first sand dollar and was very excited! I have always wanted to "find" one, and finally did!

We took Aidan to play Putt Putt for the first time. Andy and I used to love to go when we were dating, and hadn't been in a long time so we were excited! Aidan had his own "club" (it was actually a plastic hockey stick :)), and ball, but he liked trying to take everyone else's too. He got pretty hot towards the end, but he managed to play all 18 holes!

It was a great week but I am finding myself becoming more and more of a "homebody" so I was somewhat happy to come home too! I like routine!

I broke the pictures up into 2 slideshows. One of "people" pics and the other of just "things/places." There are some of the Big Rock tournament. It ended the day before we went down, but everyone else made it in time for the last couple of days. Pretty neat to see "fish" that size!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Summer Vacation 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox


Make a Smilebox slideshow

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Vacation Part 2
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Martha Parlier said...

All of your pictures are soooo good! You should enter some in a Photo contest! Makes me want to go to the beach! Actually, makes me want to go to the beach with YOUR family!! You guys don't seem a bit anxious or stressed out at all!!! I would be so nervous at the beach with the boys, it wouldn't even be funny!!!