We normally go to Hillridge Farms every year to get pumpkins, do the hayride, etc, but this year we wanted to stick closer to home and save a few bucks, so we tried the place right down the road. We really liked it, had a good time and everyone who worked there was so friendly and helpful. So glad we went with them this year.
We got our tickets for the maze and got started with our map. I have absolutely no sense of direction at all. NONE! It is actually a little sad! We followed the map at first, but then Aidan wanted to hold it. Well, then I got completely turned around. Andy has good sense of direction and was able to figure out where we were. He tried to make fun of me by telling me to go one way (which ended up being a circle) just to see if I could figure it out. Haha! We wondered around for a good while, and then finally gave up and started heading for the exit. Again, fortunately Andy has sense of direction because I felt like we needed to go the opposite way, and we would probably still be wondering around in that thing! It was something different to do, and we enjoyed spending that time together.
After the corn maze we took a hay ride to this giant slide. We went down tons of times, and Aidan thought hitting the bumpy part in the middle was just as funny on the 5th time as it was on the first! Love to see him laugh!
Taking a break for juice and popcorn while we wait for the tractor to come take us back.
This doesn't show up really good in this pic because the sun was shining right in our faces, but when I looked up and saw Aidan's face in this thing I fell over laughing! Just the most innocent thing in the world!
Now time to pick out the perfect pumpkin for our jack o lantern. Aidan and I had both said we wanted the biggest pumpkin we could find. We wondered all around that pumpkin patch looking for just the right one. Poor Andy was ready to go and wanted us to just pick one. It doesn't work that way! It actually takes me longer to pick a pumpkin than it does to pick out a Christmas tree. Not sure why, but has always been the case! Anyway, we found the perfect pumpkin and Andy just gave us a look like we were kidding. "How are we going to get it home?" Didn't look that big to us! I tried to pick it up, and couldn't even move it! Okay, we'll get a smaller one!
This is it!
Measuring to see how much we will have to pay. Relief that it didn't fall into the biggets category! Save a couple bucks!
These are the giant pumpkins. Some of them were huge, and Aidan thought we needed one. He did start understanding the whole issue of being able to get it home!





















No comments:
Post a Comment