Sunday, September 18, 2011
Harvest Festival
The Harvest Festival finally came to town! Aidan looks forward to it from year to year, and can hardly wait for September to come back around! He gets excited the whole week watching them set it up. We always go on Saturday, but this year they were calling for rain so we decided to go on Thursday night as well just in case the weather didn't cooperate on Saturday. It was a surprise for Aidan, and of course, he was thrilled! It wasn't crowded and the temps were great! He wanted to start on the ferris wheel with Dada!
Cool dude on the motorcycle/4 wheeler things:
By far his favorite was the firehouse! He went through this thing 3 or 4 times! It had a ball pit, rope ladder, shaky bridge and a slide.
Me and Aidan on the dragon ride. I will NEVER do this again! It was a kiddie ride and I thought I would die before I got off. One of the main reasons is because it was meant for kids, so I was all scrunched up in the seat, sitting sideways about to fall out. When it went around the curves, I literally thought I was going to fall out! Aidan was insulated from all the extreme movement because he was sitting right up against me. He LOVED it! He wanted to do it again and again, but I was not about to get on it again!
Throwing darts at the balloons. This lady was really nice and let him stand on the counter to do it. He actually hit a couple! He loves this game and I am sure will insist on playing it at the fair as well! He chose a little brown puppy as his prize and carried it around with him for days. Had to sleep with it and everything. The newness wore off pretty fast, but I was glad he did at least get a few days worth of enjoyment out of it!
On the merry go round. A ride we both like! The only issue was that the guy was really nice and let us go around a long time. Too long! I was starving because we hadn't eaten yet, and by the end of the ride my stomach was turning along with it! We went to the steakhouse across the street afterwards and had the best steak we had ever had! That may be our new tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment