Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tornado Day

What a terrible name for this post, but I think we will all always remember this day. They were calling for really bad weather, and I do not handle that well! I am terrified of a tornado! I decided the best thing for me to do that day was stay at home and be ready whenever everything got to us. We stayed real busy working in the yard and getting stuff done around the house so it was actually a very productive day. We came inside around lunch time to let Aidan color Easter eggs. He had a ball, but didn't think 18 was enough!!!!!



His 3-D Toy Story glasses!

All of the bad weather started breaking out in the early afternoon, so I pretty much stayed glued to the tv. Aidan took a nap which helped my nerves tremendously! We were very fortunate in that we had no bad weather at our house at all. We got a really good rain shower, and that was it. I was so thankful! I had the closet cleaned out and pillows ready to go, and so glad we didn't have to use it! I hope this is the last tornado breakout we have for a really long time. So many people's lives have been turned upside down.


After the storm passed we decided to go get something for supper. Aidan wanted pancakes so we went to IHOP. Blueberry pancakes are the best! He was excited and did a great job on his supper, so we took him to Krispy Kreme. He wanted to go inside to eat, and the guy at the counter was so nice and gave him a paper hat. Of course, we all had to wear it! :)


Turned out to be a really good family day for us!









No comments: