Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

I have gotten so far behind on my posts, but we have had so much going on over the last month or so, that I have honestly not had time to keep up. Early in April we were able to go to Wilmington for the day. It was a nice get-a-way after Aidan was sick. We weren't really sure how the weather was going to be, but it turned out to be a beautiful day! Leigh Anne went with us, and we all had a wonderful time! I think I could call Wilmington home! :)

We ate lunch at the Oceanic and then sat on the beach for a while (I got burnt pretty bad!). Aidan really enjoyed looking for shells and chasing the seagulls. We walked around downtown Wilmington and found that a beautiful ship had docked on the riverfront. It was open for free tours, so we checked it out. It was beautiful, but definitely not the life for me. The ship is their home, and they live a very "simple" life.

We got ice cream and Aidan was so proud of his! He couldn't really eat it fast enough so it kept running down his hands, which as most of you know, dirty hands are not his thing! He enjoyed eating it, and was proud to tell us all that he threw it in the trash can when he was finished. That memory would pop up at the most random times for about a week, and he had to tell us all about it again!

Looking forward to going back again soon!



Below: Notice we are both holding on tight to Aidan's hands. It was all we could do to get him to stand still long enough to get any pics of him.

Below: Riverboat Landing (Andy and I ate here on our honeymoon! Only a week and a half to our 9 year anniversary!)







No comments: