Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Graduation/Father's Day/Vacation

We have had a lot going on recently, and have gotten behind on our posts. We went to Laura's graduation on Thursday, the 12th. Fortunately, the smoke and heat had both subsided by the time we got there that night. For those unfamiliar with Johnston County, we normally have graduation outside on the football field. With a little one, it makes it much easier!

Click to play Graduation

That Saturday we went to Atlantic Beach for our first family vacation. Andy also celebrated his first Father's Day there. Aidan gave him a gift card for Sears so he could buy some garage organization things. :) Make room for more toys! We spent a lot of time on the beach. Aidan loved playing in the sand, but I never realized how messy that can be! He was covered in it as soon as he got out there! Getting it off him was the hardest part! He really enjoyed riding around in his new wagon. Here are a few pictures of Aidan and his DaDa putting it together, and some from our trip.








Click to play Vacation



We rode a boat over to Shackleford Banks to look for shells and to see the horses. We did find some great shells, but Aidan got tired before we could find the horses. You will see in the slideshow above that he went to sleep in my arms, so I had to sit down. The only thing to support my back was the "Ferry Landing" sign. For some reason that is very funny to me. I either look like some poor lost soul who has no where to go, or I look like a ferry. I am not sure!

We have an exciting afternoon planned for tomorrow. We are taking Aidan for his first haircut. It has gotten way out of hand, and we want to neaten it up a little bit! His hair is so thick, and has gotten so long. It comes down past his ears on the sides and curls really bad if you aren't particular about the way you brush it. I will post later in the weekend with the before and after pictures.










1 comment:

Ashley said...

Caleb and I just enjoyed watching the slide show together...really, he was entrigued. Looks like a fun fam vacation!